or, "What I'm Looking Forward To ~"
Plans in the future can make all the difference.
Something to hold onto. To look forward to.
The mouth waters.
Memories come forth, rise to the surface like cream.
Years ago, when I was pursuing a BFA in photography at CCAC, I worked at Whole Foods Market. I know, I know-- I'm not proud. But if one day you have about an hour to spend, and want to buy me a tall glass of tea, I'll tell you about the details of my interesting time there:
1. I used their ridiculous "team member process" to its fullest extent by taking a team vote and "firing" our out-of-control "team leader,"
2. Was subpoenaed on site by a Union Lawyer when one of my co-workers was being denied her unemployment, only to be her witness against the VP of operations,
3. Was "blacklisted" inside a store with over 300 employees,
4. Was fired illegally (WF broke a Federal Labor Law that's been in existence since the 1920's),
5. Took them to the NLRB,
6. Won when they settled with me out of court,
7. Was reinstated with back pay,
8. And took great pleasure in telling each customer who had missed me, the whole story when I went back.
9. After going to all the correct managers with the complaint that there was no ventilation system in the bakery, I reported the store to OSHA. After the threat from OSHA for a $10,000 fine, Whole Foods installed a ventilation system. (Flour is considered as dangerous as asbestos by OSHA, BTW...),
So you can imagine my pleasure at seeing this headline at Life Begins @ Thirty:
John Mackey & Michael Pollan on the Same Stage!
Read the rest of the news at The Ethicurian.
Who wants to bring a picnic to the line we'll need to stand on/in to get the free tickets February 1st?